androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: turret help!   Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:47 am

been playing horde quite a bit lately and am finding it impossible to level up my turret to be able to upgrade it to the second one. does anyone have any advice/tips on how i can level it up a little faster? this retro lancer turret is starting to annoy me! thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vambo
Seasoned Gear
Seasoned Gear

Number of posts : 157
Gamertag : Vambo Ossy
GOW cash : 164

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:33 am

Just keep pumping money into it.
Easier if you play private ( either solo or with friends) and get more than one base going so that you have multiple turrets to keep repairing and upgrading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 am

I'm pumping a ton of money into Turrets every Horde match. I got more than 10,000 Into it in one match. It's tough but definitely possible. It takes longer to get to the next turret upgrade than it does to the discount bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:56 am

ok, cool. thanks for the tips. i guess i'll just save up all my money each round for turrets and build multiple command posts to increase the opportunites! thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IketheVike
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 25
Gamertag : IketheVike
GOW cash : 29

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 am

Its a dickish move in my opinion, but in pugs (randoms w/e) I notice one guy tends to hang on to the turret ensuring he is the one that uses and usually repairs it. I finally got my turret up to 2 after about 4 pugs of repairing turrets first every chance I got, sometimes even sacrificing gathering ammo to make sure I got up to repair the damn thing. There is a down side in my opinion, as the upgraded turrets obviously cost more to reload and repair, and usually about that time your laser wire is costing near 4k a round as well, so while its nice to upgrade early on you might find you're kicking yourself later on when you have to choose barriers over rounds per minute...but I am a noob so there is probably merc ways around this that i am not privy to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 am

It's best to not spend any money on any other fortification. Save your money until you got 1500 to buy the turret (all bases have at least 1). If someone else hogs it save up more until you can fund another base. Then save up until you can buy that turret.

Even if you don't use it remember at the end of the wave you got some time to go and repair it or just keep shooting with it until there are 2 seconds left then reload it. Leveling up the turret simply requires cash being spent on it. Just focus on turrets only and it will come. That's what I did and now I got it maxed out.

Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:41 am

thanks for the advice guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:49 am

There is an easier way I thought of...

Make a private Horde match and set your joinable party to invite only so it's just you. Create a Horde game on casual, choose the Overpass map and buy the base straight away at the top of the stairs. Do wave 1 with your starting weapons and on wave 2 buy the turret at the top of the stairs (not the one on the bridge).

Now just keep blasting them and repair/reload/upgrade until wave 10. You may as well die as it will be hard to do it on your own, once dead, restart from wave 1 and do it again.

Yea it's a cheap way but by doing this you get shit loads of cash all for yourself to spend on the turret and you can even run up to the bridge and keep upgrading that for more leveling up.

I actually did this once to see how far I could get on my own and died on wave 10 and gave up. I don't boost but I thought for those wanting it easy that's a good plan!

Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:42 am

Level 6 Turrets, Awwwwwwwww yeah. God damn it, Now I need like 70,000 To get to Level 7. That's like, 17 Troika Turrets to get to Armoured Troikas. Gotta keep working on Turrets. I get most of my time in Horde put into them as my teammates usually leave me fending by myself at my base and then come along to yoink the kills when they see 'em. Hard to get enough money to keep reloading and repairing them. Especially when some d**k uses it all the time yet doesn't pay anything to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: turret help!   Today at 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down

turret help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1