Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Headshots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Headshots   Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:50 am

Is it just me, or do you find yourself watching other get headshot after headshot with ease and yet when I try it, whether with a Boltok or a Longshot, I seem to fail far too often?

What is the trick to getting good headshots?

I have relative success with Grenadiers and Drones....never managed one on a Grinder or Boomer though...

Is there a specific area of the skull to aim for or is it just a case of practice, practice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfbrand Morro
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Clan : UNU
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 93
Age : 23
Gamertag : URBitteNbyWOLFY
GOW cash : 140

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 am

Both. It takes two shots with the Longshot, not sure about the Boltok but I think it could be 3 or 4. I find aiming for the top half of the head helps. Those Boomers have strong chins ha.

By the way to kill either the Boomer, Grinder, like Big Guys in general with one shot, torque bow is your friend. Always requires only one shot to the head. Always!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unuclan.enjin.com
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 am

I find that if your trying to get a Gnasher headshot don't just aim at the head, aim to their left or right, then jurk your shotgun to their head and blindfire. I usually aim but not scope in with the Longshot for close and midrange shots, scope for those harder long range shots. Also a little tip, if someone is roading running at you and you have the longshot, do the same thing as i said above ^ and it usually works as long as you are within melee distance from them. Hope that helps a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:58 am

I'm pretty good with the Sniper. What I did to get good was focus a lot of hours just practicing with it.. I used Horde Mode to get better with it. Play waves 1-5 and restart just do it about an hour daily and you will improve with the Longshot. That's what I did to get good. Now, people don't like going against me when I have that gun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Some great tips here guys, thanks! Looks like I will be puting some practice in this weekend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:34 am

i somehow always do headshots with gnasher whenever i use it but with longshot i fail!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train


Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Age : 23
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:13 am

Not really hard if you sniped in gears 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:14 am

Sole wrote:
Not really hard if you sniped in gears 1.

Im still sniping in Gears 1 lol Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 am

I never played anything but the campaign on Gears 1 - is there still a community on there? I'd like to maybe grab some achievements etc if that's still possible....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 am

mutlien wrote:
I never played anything but the campaign on Gears 1 - is there still a community on there? I'd like to maybe grab some achievements etc if that's still possible....

There will always be people on multiplayer on Gears. I was just on there the other day, and only took a few seconds to find a match. Although most of the time now-a-days they use aim bots.... Noobs....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 am

What on earth are aim bots?

Think I might have a bit of a retro weekend and try out the first one again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 am

mutlien wrote:
What on earth are aim bots?

Think I might have a bit of a retro weekend and try out the first one again....

Aim-bots as in, if the grab the boltok or longshot your screwed, because they have a hack of sorts that makes them always get blindfire headshots lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
What on earth are aim bots?

Think I might have a bit of a retro weekend and try out the first one again....

Aim-bots as in, if the grab the boltok or longshot your screwed, because they have a hack of sorts that makes them always get blindfire headshots lol.

Maybe not so much fun then.... Won't know 'til I try it I guess!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 am

mutlien wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
What on earth are aim bots?

Think I might have a bit of a retro weekend and try out the first one again....

Aim-bots as in, if the grab the boltok or longshot your screwed, because they have a hack of sorts that makes them always get blindfire headshots lol.

Maybe not so much fun then.... Won't know 'til I try it I guess!

Not everyone uses them though, and half the time the people useing the aim-bots suck so badly you can just sneak up behind them and lancer them lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am

I don't go for headshots unless I'm using the longshot but headshots with the gnashed are not that hard, as people have said, just aim for the head Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:31 am

ClayCarmine wrote:
I don't go for headshots unless I'm using the longshot but headshots with the gnashed are not that hard, as people have said, just aim for the head Smile

I'm not after headshots so much....it's just the jealousy of playing with folk who are highly skilled at it - always makes me think that I should be able to do that lol

I have had a surprising amount of success with the Gnasher for Headshots - probably the most....


This Longshot weekend should help with my aim though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:35 am

If you practice on GoW1 sniping you will get much better fast. Hardcore on 1 is like Insane on 3 times 10 0.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
If you practice on GoW1 sniping you will get much better fast. Hardcore on 1 is like Insane on 3 times 10 0.0

Yeah... I'm working my way through 1 on insane - up to Act 4 and man it's hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 am

mutlien wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
If you practice on GoW1 sniping you will get much better fast. Hardcore on 1 is like Insane on 3 times 10 0.0

Yeah... I'm working my way through 1 on insane - up to Act 4 and man it's hard!

I'll be glad to try and help if you need it, although i do SUCK at 1's campaign lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 am

BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
If you practice on GoW1 sniping you will get much better fast. Hardcore on 1 is like Insane on 3 times 10 0.0

Yeah... I'm working my way through 1 on insane - up to Act 4 and man it's hard!

I'll be glad to try and help if you need it, although i do SUCK at 1's campaign lol

Vambo from this Forum is going through it with me and he's a bit of a Gears 1 specialist - not been on for a while though so if we're online together at some point then yeah! Thanks for the support mate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 am

mutlien wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
If you practice on GoW1 sniping you will get much better fast. Hardcore on 1 is like Insane on 3 times 10 0.0

Yeah... I'm working my way through 1 on insane - up to Act 4 and man it's hard!

I'll be glad to try and help if you need it, although i do SUCK at 1's campaign lol

Vambo from this Forum is going through it with me and he's a bit of a Gears 1 specialist - not been on for a while though so if we're online together at some point then yeah! Thanks for the support mate!

Alright, no problem Smile i will warn you i do not have a mic atm though, my brother has it because he broke his lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:55 am

I'll try not to headshot you then.....(subtly bringing the thread back on track with a sack full of bricks lol)

Thanks for all the replies everyone - I will make the most of the new event this weekend and build up my Headshot kills - I'd like a medal or two don't ya know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 am

mutlien wrote:
I'll try not to headshot you then.....(subtly bringing the thread back on track with a sack full of bricks lol)

Thanks for all the replies everyone - I will make the most of the new event this weekend and build up my Headshot kills - I'd like a medal or two don't ya know!

No problem lol, did get fairly far off topic. Another hint for headshots, don't try so hard, i've found when i try to get headshots i end up missing every time, but when i don't i can just pop them off without a problem. Getting off for a while now, so i'll cya all later Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 am

can any tell me how to use snub for headshots plsss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 am

nulgath wrote:
can any tell me how to use snub for headshots plsss

The snub hmm? Just aim with it lol, if you get super reloader on horde or something it only takes about one or two shots to the face to pop them open lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Headshots   Today at 1:14 am

Back to top Go down
 
Headshots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Weekly Zombie Challenge 2/15- Total Zombie Headshots
» Gears of War 3 sick headshot (skull falls out)
» Best and funniest headshot ever

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: