New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 6
Gamertag : Samsquanch2
GOW cash : 10

PostSubject: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 am

First check out this video on YouTubes Xpadder Wall bounce Maneuverability.

Now, below gives you everything required for the set up. Ill be posting a new more interactive tutorial soon so post specific questions you want answered.
Xpadder + Xim3 = Fully Remappable Xbox360 Controller

Besides a PC with a mouse and keyboard there are 4 pieces of hardware required for this set up.

1. 2 wired Xbox 360 controllers
a. Do NOT buy the generics, they will not respond as well with this set up.
b. A plug and play charge kit will NOT work with a wireless controller. Buy wired.
c. approximately $30.00 dollars each brand new, (I recommend Amazon.com)
2. The Xim3
a. The Xim3 (Xbox input machine) is intended to remap the controls of your Xbox wired controller to a mouse and keyboard
b. Assuming you have a PC this is the most expensive piece of the puzzle, at $149.99 it may not be an easy decision....IF you have never used one. (http://xim3.com/)
3. Any Windows "Easy Transfer Cable"
a. USB male to male cable
b. Must me an easy transfer cable, a basic USB to USB cable will not work because the Xim3 and your computer need to communicate in 2 directions
c. At just $9.99 this is a very useful cord (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812339246)

I am using the Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card & Media Express software in the video to show you the xbox360 display but it is not required for this setup. However you do need 2 programs for the setup.

1. Xpadder (http://xpadder.com/)
a. The webpage gives you all technical information and it's primary purpose, "Xpadder simulates the keyboard and mouse using your gamepad"
b. You can download the newest version of Xpadder from the website for $9.99 using paypal
2. Xim Commander w/Xbox 360 Controller Support (http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=18911.0)
a. The webpage gives detailed instructions on how to use this program
b. You need to create an account on Xim3's website to access the XIM Apps forum located under the downloads tab on their website.
c. FREE!!!

In the video link I'm playing in a private match against bots because I'm simply showing how the set up works and looks on your monitor so the quality is kinda low, especially on the Media Express screen showing the actual gameplay. I'll be posting a wall bounce tutorial showing both gameplay footage using the Intensity Pro and what my monitor's display looks like including active reload presets and marcos for on the fly remap switches....for example I have a Gnasher & Hammerburst button remaps but they can be programmed to switch according to what weapon you're holding/rather the left or right pad on the controller switches the remaps. Leave requests for specific game macros and presets.

check out this link to see the advanced settings for Xpadder... ultimately for the Xbox [/url]Xpadder Advanced Settings

The ultimate goal for the use of Xpadder on Xbox LIVE is to get this set up to handicap gamers. Go to Ask a Capper and sign the petition for Button Remapping. Check out this video below for more information and remember, support the cause!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q

Clan : HSC
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 am

that sounds like a stupid amount of effort just for some wall-bouncing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager

Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 938
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1153

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 am

i can do that with my NORMAL ms controller

http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:40 am

Kyrat89 wrote:
i can do that with my NORMAL ms controller

best way

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samsquanch2
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 am

This isn't just for wall bouncing its intended to give you a fully remappable controller for people with disabilities. Wall bouncing is just a practical application for the set up if you don't have a disability....it frees up both joy sticks so you never have to remove your thumb from the right stick to press the A button. using the alternative control scheme and replacing A with LB it allows you to never roll while wall bouncing unless you specifically want to & to aim and maneuver simultaneously. so no, you cannot do it with a regular ms controller...although you may be good at wall bouncing you still cannot remap buttons freeing up both joy sticks for better gameplay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:27 pm

there is no point waisting money for such crap, really...
i would rather spend on dlcs man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samsquanch2
New Recruit
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 am

You're right....its not worth researching or trying to get views, likes, or subscribers to the youtube page because no one cares about people with disabilities. Again the whole point of this is to try to get support so that i can get this message across to AskACapper. I thought since there is a practical application in Gears I could get some support.

Here is a prime example of someone who can benefit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 am

Samsquanch2 wrote:
You're right....its not worth researching or trying to get views, likes, or subscribers to the youtube page because no one cares about people with disabilities.

i wouldnt say all people dont care, most people dont' care this is true. everyone has their own problems to deal with

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wallbouncing using Xpadder   Today at 1:21 am

Back to top Go down

wallbouncing using Xpadder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1