The mutliplater beta access will start on 18th April for those who purchased the Bulletstorm Epic edition. For those who have pre-ordered Gears of War 3 the beta will start on the 25th April and will end on the 15th May.
The multiplayer beta will feature 4 maps (Checkout, Trenches, Old Town and Thrashball). With Team Deathmatch as the game mode. Other game modes will be available throughout the beta period which are Capture the Leader and King of the Hill.
By playing the beta you can unlock certain things that will carry over to the actual Gears of War 3 game as follows:
* Flaming Hammerburst: Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Lancer: Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun: Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Gnasher Shotgun: Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
* Beta Tester Medal: Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
* Thrashball Cole : Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day. A legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
* Gold-Plated Retro Lancer: Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.