TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : PurpleVein
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2437
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes   Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Update: Downes is now distancing himself from his earlier statement and denying that he has insider knowledge of an imminent re-release of Halo 2.

"What I said was: 'I think you're ahead of yourself on H5. I have read some things online that you can look forward to a H2 anniversary edition maybe this year, but I have no official information one way or the other,'" Downes told IGN. "I was just mentioning some of the things I had read online about Halo 2. I have no idea if there will be an anniversary edition and didn't mean to leave that impression."

A high-definition re-release of Halo 2 may appear later this year, if an interview with long-time Master Chief voice actor Steven Downes is to be believed.

Gamezone spoke to Downes, hoping to elicit some information on the next Halo sequel, but instead received unexpected confirmation of a game that previously existed only in rumors. "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes told Gamezone. "I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

If Downes' statement is accurate, it seems likely that Halo 2 would receive the same treatment its predecessor saw in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. That game added new, high-definition visuals as well as a more modern multiplayer component to the classic Halo singleplayer campaign.

There's currently no word on when this "anniversary edition of Halo 2" might appear. Representatives at Microsoft have refused to comment on Downes' statement.

[Via: AppyGamer]

YouTube Channel & Twitch Account

Father, Gamer & Fallen Guardian
Twitter: @TheBlueOmen
Instagram: TheBlueOmen

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes   Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 pm

I don't understand what the draw would be for another Halo 2. We have a new console and I'd like to have new games not the same old games revamped. This is starting to feel like watching movies now days. They've run out of ideas or are just trying to make fast money by remaking everything. On the other hand where the hell are our GOW1 & GOW2 remakes?! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes   Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Halo 2 is regarded by many as the best one. I'd like to play it again because I was drunk through most of it and can't remember much about it, other than the big plant thingy. lol

Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes   Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:41 pm

I've never played it. On second thought maybe it would be good for them to remake it. I'd probably play it then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes   Today at 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Halo 2 anniversary going to be released sates Downes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1