mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 am

Polygon has a interview with Epic Games CEO & Founder Tim Sweeney talks about the future of Epic Games and talks a little bit about Gears of War.

Quote :
Epic Games got out of the Gears of War business, officially, earlier this year, when it sold the property to http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5345342/gears-of-war-xbox-one-microsoft-epic-games-rod-fergusson. Sweeney said the decision was a practical, but uncommon one, and rooted in the change in direction at Epic.

"We've gone through a long process of figuring out the games we're going to build at Epic worldwide in the future and we concluded that we weren't going to be building any more Gears of War," Sweeney said. "As much as we love the game, we're heading in a new direction.

"MUCH BETTER TO HAVE MICROSOFT BUILDING GEARS GAMES THAN FOR IT TO BE SITTING ON THE SHELF UNUSED BY EPIC."

"The core Gears values are really tied to being big event-based, single-player console games with awesome cover mechanics and other things that really didn't translate into the future approach we were taking with online games, and competitive and cooperative multiplayer. Because we weren't planning on building any more Gears games we were just going to let that sit on the shelf for a decade or more, in case it had any future value to us."

Microsoft, however, was interested in seeing Gears of War continue, so the plan that made the most sense, Sweeney said, was to make the franchise "available to them completely unencumbered" through a sale.

"It was one of those rare moments when both Epic and Microsoft were able to make a business that was obviously best for the community," he said. "Much better to have Microsoft building Gears games than for it to be sitting on the shelf unused by Epic.

"Selling an IP like that is a rare thing. Most companies look at it as their crown jewels but at Epic we had a practical view of it: We weren't going to build it and we realized the world wanted more Gears of War.

Source http://gamerant.com/no-new-gears-of-war-for-decade-without-microsoft-xbox-one/ via http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/26/5542822/the-future-of-games-epic-games-tim-sweeney-fortnite-unreal-tournament
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 pm

I hope we aren't wishing they would have just let it sit on that shelf when we look back a few years from now. I don't think we will feel that way but after the mess Judgment was I guess it's just the monster that sits in the back of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:05 am

if MS made GoW for 360 and ONE which featured locust campaign with theron sentinel as main character that would be legendary....

i have some hope....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:24 pm

nulgath wrote:
if MS made GoW for 360 and ONE which featured locust campaign with theron sentinel as main character that would be legendary....

i have some hope....

that would be nice
Back to top Go down
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Hopefully Black Tusk will do a great job with it and breath new life into Gears. I would of thought as there is such a high expectation from Gears fans, they will take their time and make an awesome game.

Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Number of posts : 47
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:50 pm

I would personally love to see the next Gears game take on an RPG element. I don't want it to be to the extent of say The Elder Scrolls. But I would love to be able to build characters up weapons and armor wise. Imagine playing Gears with a hint of Mass Effect in there. Marcus, once leveled up using the intimidation trait on a merchant would be awesome!. "I said I only have 30 bucks now give me the damn upgrade you little terd!" Marcus says, grabbing the merchant by the shirt and practically pulling him over the counter.  Very Happy 

Definitely mission drivin but a little more open world would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:59 am

I really hope that there isn't a 360 version. I don't want the XB1 version to suffer limitations as they are making it for both consoles.

I'd really like them to focus on pushing the XB1 to it's limit. Plus it will sell a lot of consoles for MS (not that their console sales are of any concern to me).

Grenadier
Grenadier

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 am

now ur being cruel why not for 360? they could add limitations to 360 nor for ONE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:39 am

Publik NME no1 wrote:
I really hope that there isn't a 360 version. I don't want the XB1 version to suffer limitations as they are making it for both consoles.

I'd really like them to focus on pushing the XB1 to it's limit. Plus it will sell a lot of consoles for MS (not that their console sales are of any concern to me).

I agree but if there is a 360 version i see it being ported from another studio like the 360 of Titanfall will be
Back to top Go down
xReviveMeFoolx
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm

A.D.Fenix wrote:
I would personally love to see the next Gears game take on an RPG element. I don't want it to be to the extent of say The Elder Scrolls. But I would love to be able to build characters up weapons and armor wise. Imagine playing Gears with a hint of Mass Effect in there. Marcus, once leveled up using the intimidation trait on a merchant would be awesome!. "I said I only have 30 bucks now give me the damn upgrade you little terd!" Marcus says, grabbing the merchant by the shirt and practically pulling him over the counter.  Very Happy 

I would't buy it if they did that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
A.D.Fenix
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Number of posts : 47
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:44 pm

xReviveMeFoolx wrote:
A.D.Fenix wrote:

I would't buy it if they did that.

All I'm saying is add something to the Campaign to give it more life. The one thing lacking from Gears in the past was campaign longevity. I mean seriously did any of them last longer then 4-5hrs? It would be nice if they could atleast double that.

Now as far as Multiplayer goes, keep it close to Gears 3 and it will do fine.

But don't worry, I'm sure they will do another Prequel following the Pendolum Wars. Which if they do I probably won't buy it. No locust/No happy! IMO, here's what they need to do!

1.) Right now they should be working on a Multiplayer game only. Redo all the maps from Gears 1-3, graphically revamped of course. Throw in all the charaters from all the games (maybe even a few new ones, like Carlos Santiago for example). Make the characters more customizable, simple things like being able to mark them with clan tags. A really cool feature would be to allow you to write things on your armor like Clayton with the Grub Killer markings. Just make it more immersive! Run the mechanics of Gears 3 minus a few pesky weapons. Bring back Horde, Beast mode and make it Massive say up to 10-12 players or less if you so chose. The only thing that makes it from Judgment is overrun without classifications and revamped. Then sell this before Xmas THIS YEAR for $30.00!  
2.) While 75% of the team is working on the above project the other 25% should be consentrating on "New Blood"!  Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 am

A.D. Fenix wrote:
All I'm saying is add something to the Campaign to give it more life. The one thing lacking from Gears in the past was campaign longevity. I mean seriously did any of them last longer then 4-5hrs? It would be nice if they could atleast double that.

Agreed campaign needs to be longer and nothing like Judgment's campaign.

Then sell this before Xmas THIS YEAR for $30.00!  

lol! In my dreams! That would be awesome!

Grenadier
Grenadier

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:48 pm

and if they do add customisable armor they should allow colour change and keep classic hb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:17 pm

I'd be happy with a traditional Gears Campaign.....With NO Griffin. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS   Today at 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Gears of War Wouldn’t Have Surfaced For a Decade’ Without MS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1