New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 18
Gamertag : Yoninrod
GOW cash : 26

PostSubject: My Musical Tribute to Gears   Sat May 03, 2014 7:39 am

This one is also posted at the EGF forums, but I wanted to share it to you as well....

Music has been my main passion since I was a young teenager ( although my mom says I was already playing drums with her pots and pans when I was a toddler). I've been playing bass guitar for more than 27 years and guitar (electric and acoustic) for 25 years. So I knew that passion would cross paths with my passion for video games. So the first time I listened to the original version of Gears Keep Turning, you know the classical soundtrack, big symphony type of song composed by Steve Jablonsky. My 1st thought was "This song would sound amazing as a metal song". It had all the elements to make the perfect power metal song.

So i decided to work on it. It was a really tough process It took me almost 6 months to complete the song and to make it sound the way I envisioned it. But it was all worth it because I learned a lot about recording engineering/mixing/mastering etc in the process since I don't have any formal education on those fields. All I had was my guitars, a digital amp emulator, a 7 year old laptop, an outdated music recording software and my ear. But I'm really proud of what I've accomplished with this project because I was able to pull it off with all those limitations.

So without further a due, here's my metal version of the song Gears Keep Turning by Steve Jablonsky. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed it making it.You can also will find the link to the song on my signature. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/saintoftheecho
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: My Musical Tribute to Gears   Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 am

Sounds amazing