Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iDuskk
Feature Reporter
Feature Reporter

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 34
GOW cash : 59

PostSubject: Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?    Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 pm

A buddy of mine and I have been brainstorming ideas that would be good for the gears of war franchise, I might even make a video about this, but I'd like to see what you guys think first. Would you like to see a map creator mode in Gears?

For fictional purposes, they could say its a COG training ground, athstectically, the maps won't look all that pretty like Halo Reach's Forge world, but I think map creation just generates alot of activity within the community as people will constantly share and play eachother's maps, as well as its good for everyone because competitive leagues can create maps for competitive play, people who are creative can make their own gametypes, and it gives a good way for players who aren't fond of the multiplayer matchmaking a way to enjoy the game further after campaign and horde.

This is just a bunch of ideas being tossed around, but what do you guys think about a map creator mode? How would you make it work if it was your choice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/iduskk
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?    Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:00 am

Sounds kinda cool, could be very interesting. From some of the things I've seen in Trials: Fusion, there are a LOT of creative people out there that can make some pretty amazing things using the technology present in these games. It would be fun to see what the Gears community could come up with... Very Happy 

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnarlingCandy
Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1158
Gamertag : SnarlingCandy
GOW cash : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?    Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 am

Although I think it would be good for other people I personally wouldn't use that feature, although it would be cool to see what other people could come up with. I'd want them to really focus on other things, like the campaign, before trying to introduce other things.

PostSubject: Re: Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?    Today at 12:53 am

Back to top Go down

Would a map creator mode from the new gears work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1