Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Wookiees Multiplayer Review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 am

My full 100% thoughts on the Multiplayer.

Multi-player is smooth as can be. It really is all cleaned up and is perfect. I was playing it last night and I was blown away about how smooth it felt.. I even did a 1 Vs 8 clutch in Team Deathmatch, giving me the Quad Pin and the Clutch. Every shot registered.. It was amazing. If I were on Gears of War 1 or 2 this would never have happened.. Because they simply can not compare to Gears of War 3.

I had expierenced some lag last night though.. I guess you can expect that as a lot of traffic was flowing into the servers.. Wasn't nothing noticeable. But I had notice my shots began not to register around 2AM eastern time zone.. I believe this happened because all the people who went to the midnight release began to get online. I don't expect the Dedicated servers to clear all the lag, but most of it. It was only 1 match that this happened in out of the 10 I played so 9/10 matches are great and you get 1 bad one in the mix.. That's pretty damn good.

Horde Mode: It's fun, but you have to set up a base. It doesn't really give you a choice. Picking your base location is free, but I wouldn't start building up a base until wave 11.. Try to get through 1-10 then build your base..

Why? Because every 10th wave is a boss wave.. On the 10th wave the bosses will destroy your base.. So it will be a huge waste of money. You will need the money you make 1-10 for ammo to kill the boss. This is just my advice, you don't have to listen thats up to you.

Beast Mode: Super fun, I had a blast with this. My friend and I played it for about 30 minutes just trying everything out. My advice is to use the Savage Drone. He's the easiest to use and he uses the Retro Lancer.

Overall I give the multiplayer a 9.9/10.

Why not the 10/10. I believe the assault rifles are over powered still. In Gears of War, it's all about the shotgun game.. That's what makes Gears so unique for me.. Everything else is Machine gun.. Gears of War is in your face action. That's what I came to love.. They aren't WAY overpowered.. They are just a bit..

This is my opinion of course. Hope you enjoyed my review on the multi-player action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:18 am

Great! Thanks!

The last part I disagree with. When I first began my job, I was trying to ship a package the way that I was taught, but the warehouse manager asked me why I had did something, which he thought was wrong. I replied "because I was taught to do it this way, and it has been done this way for a long time." He replied, "Mike just because something has always been done a certain way, doesn't mean it's right or shouldn't be changed."

Those words kind of stuck with me. I always felt that Gears' shotgun game was way unbalanced, because it never made it possible to adopt a long-range play style. As a sniper in most games, and someone who likes to keep my distance, and progress cautiously, it's nice knowing that I wont have to shoot giant grapefruits with unpredictable trajectory and absolutely no chance to hit an overzealous 14 year old hopped-up on Mountain Dew, charging at me with reckless abandon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 am

Also Shotgun dependence by any shooter is cheap (either FPS or TPS). Because the large spread is unpredictable at dealing damage, and can hide the effects of lag. We can instantly spot the lag now that the ARs actually shoot bullets in a straight line. Before, when I died in shotgun battles, I was like how the fuck did that random shot just pop my head, when I've ADS on a head, and not even put the guy down!? Shotguns equal random deaths, at the hands of noobs who wall bound and roll into you--cheap shit not to be taken seriously, IMO. All MLG caliber shooters have default/ loadout effective long range weaponry, those that don't are scoffed at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:17 am

Not at all. If the shotgun left Gears a lot of other people would to. Gears is boring when all you can do is lancer. Changing Gears into a Call of Duty would piss me off beyond belief. Imo if you want a game the consist of machine guns and dying quick. Do that or Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is looking really good. But those are teh games for that.. Gears is not the place for strong assault rifles..

Taking away the shotgun game from Gears would be like taking the wheels off a car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:40 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Not at all. If the shotgun left Gears a lot of other people would to. Gears is boring when all you can do is lancer. Changing Gears into a Call of Duty would piss me off beyond belief. Imo if you want a game the consist of machine guns and dying quick. Do that or Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is looking really good. But those are teh games for that.. Gears is not the place for strong assault rifles..

Taking away the shotgun game from Gears would be like taking the wheels off a car.

Your argument contains several fallacies. One of which is a red herring, i.e., I've never stated that the shotgun should be removed from Gears or leave.

I've only suggested that they balance the long-range game. It seems they have, and this is good for people who favor precision, and strategic play style. There is strategy involved in "rushing tactics" and flanking while toting a shotty, but it all breaks down when it becomes a spray and pray, cluster-fuck of several players hip-firing shotguns and dancing in circles. It becomes a farce when that is the most effective (ONLY) way to get kills. The balance will be appreciated by the more hardcore shooter fans, albeit it might tick off the Gears fans who didn't even know there were other gun aside from the Gnasher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am

I didn't say remove the shotgun. I said "Remove the shotgun game" meaning the shotgun is of no use anymore. I don't think of it as Spray and Pray. It takes a good bit skill to take on 3 or 4 guys with a gnasher at once and prevail. It's a hell of a lot easier to do it with an assault rifle. But Gears of War is all about the skill. I've been playing this game for 3 years now. Even when I sucked I still appreciated what they did with the shotgun. They gave it a place in a shooting game..

Lets face it.. What other game does the shotgun dominate?? I can't stick of one. Halo used to be dominated by the Energy Sword and Shotgun. But I believe the Energy Sword in Halo 2 was the best weapon in the game, aside from the rocket launcher. The Gears fans who stick by the game thick and thin, I think they should have more of a say then the people who come here trying to change everything.

I can use other guns very effectively, why do I choose to use the Gnasher, gives me more a thrill, which an assault rifle just gives you false stats that make you look good.

We could look at it another way though to, what do you think is harder.. Aiming a guy down using 3 buttons on your controller or strategically trying out smart but also, out skill your opponent. You just can't see that with an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 am

That's all nonsense.

Halo one: Pistol dominance---> long range

Halo 2 and 3: BR Dominance ---> long range

Halo Reach: DMR ----> long range

In Halo, the up-close weapons were strong. Very strong. They always have been. But the skilled players all had a tactical long-range game, with the most accuracy. Halo, has sniper rifles on your side of the map (both sides). In Gears you may never see it, if your team is too weak to make it to weapon hot spots [see Gridlock's Sniper positioning] and take on shotgun spammers.

What is meant by "false stats that make you look good?" No one said anything about boosting! I am only saying that having the option to effectively ward off rushers with long range weapons makes the game more balanced, more skill based, and less spray and pray. It will take you more skill to bring that shotgun to me in Gears 3, because you'll be downed by my team before you make it within ten feet of me. You know why the created the OP sawed off, right? It's a shotty and it's also created for noobs.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 am

"I didn't say remove the Shotgun."

^

If the shotgun left Gears a lot of other people would to. Gears is boring when all you can do is lancer...Taking away the shotgun game from Gears would be like taking the wheels off a car.

BTW yeah you did. Your scenario is all or nothing. That is not the picture I painted. The shotguns did not get nerfed, the rifles got boosted. Explain how exactly that's "all lancer" and no shotgun? Sounds like balance to me. Gears never had it. Gears was never really taken seriously because of it. Gears 3 is now acceptable to all type of shooter fans. Not just the roll and shoot shotty types. I can't see that being a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Can we not just enjoy the fact that gears 3 is mind-blowing? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 pm

ClayCarmine wrote:
Can we not just enjoy the fact that gears 3 is mind-blowing? Smile

It really is. And I liked this review, BTW. I just take issue with the idea that boosting one type of weapon will result in flocks of tweens leaving the series; it seems absurd.

Me and my clan got to wave 40 on horde Normal (wow that is crazy)!

We had to lower the diff to casual to complete through wave 50 :/

I love this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Mike NFCT wrote:
"I didn't say remove the Shotgun."

^

If the shotgun left Gears a lot of other people would to. Gears is boring when all you can do is lancer...Taking away the shotgun game from Gears would be like taking the wheels off a car.

BTW yeah you did. Your scenario is all or nothing. That is not the picture I painted. The shotguns did not get nerfed, the rifles got boosted. Explain how exactly that's "all lancer" and no shotgun? Sounds like balance to me. Gears never had it. Gears was never really taken seriously because of it. Gears 3 is now acceptable to all type of shooter fans. Not just the roll and shoot shotty types. I can't see that being a bad thing.

Aww hell no. No one goes to Gears of war for freaking balance. I play Gears of War because I simply hate it when Machine Guns control a game. I like it when something else grabs peoples attention. I played Halo 2 more then I played Gears of War.. And I can tell you that the Energy Sword was the dominate weapon. Only thing that stood up to it was the freaking shotgun.

Anyways, I personally HATE the multiplayer right now. It is simply boring and aggravating. As bad as it sounds I probably get the achievements for this game and go back to playing Gears of war 2's multiplayer. Simply because I have more fun with it. Lag and all. You know why? Because I can actually run out of spawn and not be lancered down 2 seconds once I leave it. Right now, if the multiplayer stays as it does, I can guarantee you within a years time, there won't be very many players on it.. Because all the old die hard Gears players who have adjusted and became acustomed to the way the game is with the shotgun will go back to the former games. And all these people loving the assault rifle will go to MW3..

Lets just let time do the telling of the story for us. For you to sit here and say Gears needs a change, I do not agree and I never will. Give up on your facts because to me. Gears of War 3 multiplayer is not fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:
"I didn't say remove the Shotgun."

^

If the shotgun left Gears a lot of other people would to. Gears is boring when all you can do is lancer...Taking away the shotgun game from Gears would be like taking the wheels off a car.

BTW yeah you did. Your scenario is all or nothing. That is not the picture I painted. The shotguns did not get nerfed, the rifles got boosted. Explain how exactly that's "all lancer" and no shotgun? Sounds like balance to me. Gears never had it. Gears was never really taken seriously because of it. Gears 3 is now acceptable to all type of shooter fans. Not just the roll and shoot shotty types. I can't see that being a bad thing.

Aww hell no. No one goes to Gears of war for freaking balance. I play Gears of War because I simply hate it when Machine Guns control a game. I like it when something else grabs peoples attention. I played Halo 2 more then I played Gears of War.. And I can tell you that the Energy Sword was the dominate weapon. Only thing that stood up to it was the freaking shotgun.

Anyways, I personally HATE the multiplayer right now. It is simply boring and aggravating. As bad as it sounds I probably get the achievements for this game and go back to playing Gears of war 2's multiplayer. Simply because I have more fun with it. Lag and all. You know why? Because I can actually run out of spawn and not be lancered down 2 seconds once I leave it. Right now, if the multiplayer stays as it does, I can guarantee you within a years time, there won't be very many players on it.. Because all the old die hard Gears players who have adjusted and became acustomed to the way the game is with the shotgun will go back to the former games. And all these people loving the assault rifle will go to MW3..

Lets just let time do the telling of the story for us. For you to sit here and say Gears needs a change, I do not agree and I never will. Give up on your facts because to me. Gears of War 3 multiplayer is not fun.


Wookiee,

If you are really 19 like your profile says and attitude seems to suggest, I'd recommend growing up a little. Having one's mind set in stone from the get-go, with no ability to be reasoned with, despite "the facts" symbolizes what is wrong not only with you, but with the entirety of mankind. It's why politics, religion, and gender issues are so derisive, i.e., because far too many minds have been made up already, with sentiments dating back as far as the 14th century. There are parts of the world where women have seen no social growth as a result of men in power having made up their minds on what a woman ought to be, before she is even conceived. Don't be of the type that is proud to be foolish, that is so proud to stand up to the facts and scoff at them, because they have so little relevance.

Facts are that Halo 2, wasn't energy sword dominate like you profess. It may be the case that you and all your 13 yo friends at the time were skilled with that weapon/play style, but lacked the maturity and tact to ward of incoming energy swords with long range weapons. I'm not sure on that, but I was around during the halo 2 era, and I know that one guy's sword did little to suppress the most powerful weapon in the halo franchise--plasma grenades.

Back to the point at hand, you say:


"Because all the old die hard Gears players who have adjusted and became acustomed to the way the game is with the shotgun will go back to the former games. And all these people loving the assault rifle will go to MW3.

The problem is that the diehard fans that you speak of, I'm sorry that YOU speak FOR, will adjust despite having grown accustomed to shotguns being the only truly effective load-out weapon. It seems you will not. Don't let the the door hit you on the way out, young man.



---MIke



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:51 pm

And more FACTS...that kind of prove you're talking from your ass:

You posted that in Halo 2 the only weapon that beat Energy Sword was the rocket launcher, but in your final post you said the only thing that beat the sword was the shotty.

I think you are just not good at Gears 3, and need to either man up, or stfu. Stop posting lies and bullshit focused at gaining support for your asinine and ill-informed opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:26 am

Personally, I am loving the MP even though I am not particularly good.... I will keep on though in the hope I actually start bloody downing people lol

Any one got tips for a noob? I'm guessing that good movement is essential - god only knows what all this wall bouncing and stuff is about!!??

Any tips would be most appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:51 am

mutlien wrote:
Personally, I am loving the MP even though I am not particularly good.... I will keep on though in the hope I actually start bloody downing people lol

Any one got tips for a noob? I'm guessing that good movement is essential - god only knows what all this wall bouncing and stuff is about!!??

Any tips would be most appreciated!

Tips:

1) Dont be out in the open
2) Don't choreograph your movements
3) Don't try to kill some one all at once. Use long range weapons like the lancer, and then approach your enemy to take them out with the Gnasher. Keep a 5ft distance and you'll avoid the chainsaw vortex and sawed-off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:19 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
mutlien wrote:
Personally, I am loving the MP even though I am not particularly good.... I will keep on though in the hope I actually start bloody downing people lol

Any one got tips for a noob? I'm guessing that good movement is essential - god only knows what all this wall bouncing and stuff is about!!??

Any tips would be most appreciated!

Tips:

1) Dont be out in the open
2) Don't choreograph your movements
3) Don't try to kill some one all at once. Use long range weapons like the lancer, and then approach your enemy to take them out with the Gnasher. Keep a 5ft distance and you'll avoid the chainsaw vortex and sawed-off.

Admittedly, I am guilty of all of those things... I'll keep those in mind and just keep on practicing... I'm going through that dis-heartening phase where you just don't believe how good others are and can't see yourself being anywhere other than last lol

Thnkas for that and any other tips are most most welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:27 am

'


Last edited by mutlien on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplication)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:46 am

Yo don't get disheartened mate! I remember the day when the only kill I could get was via chainsaw! Gd tips above here's a couple more... 1. Try and engineer situations where you will get the first shot on your opponent with the Gnasher shotgun, if u can do this hot bullets you will find yourself winning alot of shotty battles. 2. Hot bullets are not to be underestimated. Will put people down far quicker with gnasher and lancer this way. 3. Try and find 1/2 people to play with who you can talk with and work as a team. Stick together and life will be a bit easier 4. Flanking-Field of vision ain't great on gears-use it to your advantage. I've lost count of the amount of time I've sneaked up on someone and decorated the wall with their guts... It never gets old though Wink

As you can probly tell from above comments different ppl have very different play styles, experiment and find out what's best for you!

Friend request me if you want to play a couple of games

-Skagdrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:37 am

Now this more like it! I like that people are adding and commenting to what was a pretty good review, before the author started speaking for every single Gears of War fan on the planet.

People please continue the open dialogue. If you are lurking, delurk and post something! We need to build up this community. Right now, it's sort of three to four guys doing all the work. Let's help them out, by playing in the playground they created for us, at the very least. I know it may seem like I laid a turd on the seesaw, but I assure you I'm here to have fun, kill time, and meet other COG heads out there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraftra
New Recruit
New Recruit


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 2

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:28 pm

I have to agree with wookie on this... Really if I wanted another longrange game I would have just kept playing cod. It is obvious the reason why they changed it to be very much more cod-like is to bring in more people, but that's just a kick in the face to die hard gears fans.

The amount of skill required in 3 is NOTHING compared how much is required in the previous 2. I will always use the gnasher as my main weapon, but the sawed off is just too good not to use if your playing for good stats. Get one kill with the sawed off by hiding behind a wall or something, change your AR to the gnasher and there pretty much isn't a penalty at all for using the sawed off (reload time can be used to changed to gnasher). Have only played one person so far outta the 100 or so matches I've played that knew how to wall bounce with a shotty.

Just awesome now that AR's can kill you from pretty much anywhere in like 2 seconds. These users as wookie said will be mostly gone once MW3 comes out like wookie said, which will be good.

Sadly nothing will be done about the powers of the guns, looks like Epic is just in it for the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Lol so you only use shotguns but you want them to nerf AR's? ... Aka Dear Epic, please nerf paper. Scissors is fine. Yours faithfully rock... I do agree with the points you guys make about it you need less skills than in gears 2 but cliffy b been talking for a long time about trying to make the game more accessible for new players. Maybe it would be nice if they added a hardcore old school mode without sawn off and nerfed AR's but don't agree should change it across the board. I still manage to get 70% of my kills with gnasher anyway. Still it's only my opinion I can sympathise if ur top, top players and it's spoilt the gnasher game for you a bit, everyones play style is slighty different and changes affect us differently as a result
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lt9602
New Recruit
New Recruit


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 3
GOW cash : 3

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:41 am

Spam removed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Mike NFCT wrote:
And more FACTS...that kind of prove you're talking from your ass:

You posted that in Halo 2 the only weapon that beat Energy Sword was the rocket launcher, but in your final post you said the only thing that beat the sword was the shotty.

I think you are just not good at Gears 3, and need to either man up, or stfu. Stop posting lies and bullshit focused at gaining support for your asinine and ill-informed opinions.

For one it's not lie or bullshit. It's the truth. Gears is dumb as hell when it's assault rifle game. It is a fact that it's like every other game if it's just assault rifles.. Name another game out there that is shotgun based?? Name one..

Okay... Lets think of it this way..

How many YouTube Montages do you see with a lancer on Youtube?

Now how many do you see with a Gnasher?

For your information. I am very good at Gears of War.. I have a 2.0 overal K/D in Gears of War 3. ALL of my deaths consist of a Sawed-Off or being lancered down.. And now the new thing is... The modded hammerburst.. This is just as bad.

Honestly, the weapons were fine in the BETA. The only things that needed nerfed were the Retro and Sawed-Off but they did they exact opposite like a bunch of money hungry retards.

I want to know, when did you start playing Gears of War??? I started in 2008.
I had to learn how to get good at the game while I was a scrub... Why should people who worked at the game to get good at it, now just to be pissed on by destroying the gun we've come to love.. I'm not speaking for everyone. I'm speaking for the people who actually play the game every day for the past 3-4 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:
And more FACTS...that kind of prove you're talking from your ass:

You posted that in Halo 2 the only weapon that beat Energy Sword was the rocket launcher, but in your final post you said the only thing that beat the sword was the shotty.

I think you are just not good at Gears 3, and need to either man up, or stfu. Stop posting lies and bullshit focused at gaining support for your asinine and ill-informed opinions.

For one it's not lie or bullshit. It's the truth. Gears is dumb as hell when it's assault rifle game. It is a fact that it's like every other game if it's just assault rifles.. Name another game out there that is shotgun based?? Name one..

Okay... Lets think of it this way..

How many YouTube Montages do you see with a lancer on Youtube?

Now how many do you see with a Gnasher?

For your information. I am very good at Gears of War.. I have a 2.0 overal K/D in Gears of War 3. ALL of my deaths consist of a Sawed-Off or being lancered down.. And now the new thing is... The modded hammerburst.. This is just as bad.

Honestly, the weapons were fine in the BETA. The only things that needed nerfed were the Retro and Sawed-Off but they did they exact opposite like a bunch of money hungry retards.

I want to know, when did you start playing Gears of War??? I started in 2008.
I had to learn how to get good at the game while I was a scrub... Why should people who worked at the game to get good at it, now just to be pissed on by destroying the gun we've come to love.. I'm not speaking for everyone. I'm speaking for the people who actually play the game every day for the past 3-4 years.

I see your point man. I don't want to argue with you, or flame this review anymore than it might seem I have. I sent you a friend request. Let's get together some time and play some Gears. I have a lot of respect for your dedication to get better when you use to be a "scrub." I ask people all the time, "would you prefer to be known as the guy who started with nothing and attained all the glory and riches, or the one who simply inherited his gifts/ is naturally good at something?" I appreciate what you are saying. I'm open to reevaluating this topic in a month's time. Lets discuss our impressions after a few patches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:43 am

AR should win at medium-long range. Shotgun should win at close range. In GoW, this largely is what occurs; lancer can't really beat skilled shotgun play up close and shotgun loses at range. Every map has close cover situations and situations where you can use the range on the AR. Often to get the areas where AR controls the map you must win close range engagements -----> shotguns still matter in this game very much. You say people don't come to gears for balance, but that's an ignorant statement, as in nobody really knows why x vs y person comes to gears. Gears 3 is one of the more balanced short/med/long range shooters I've seen in a long time and the addition of servers makes this the uncontested best shooter right now currently. Removing the utility of the ARs in favor of shotguns only (which previous gears players were forced to do because of lag and only lag, trust me. I could AR people to hell on host in GoW 2) would be a negative for GoW 3.

Quote :
I will always use the gnasher as my main weapon, but the sawed off is just too good not to use if your playing for good stats.

I refuse to believe this is coming from a good player. SoS locks you from firing a close range capable weapon for multiple seconds, in a situation where you can die instantly. It's a 1 trick pony weapon and gives 0 map control often.

As for how long I've been playing...well since right when the first gears came out. I could already hipspray people to death with the lancer in gears 1 at gnasher ranges. I'm a bit unorthodox with my own gnasher as I generally go for 2 shots on people and keep them at a distance where a SoS kill is impossible.

The best sign of iffy play here is people listing their K/D, when points/round is a stronger measure of team contribution ----> wins than K/D can possibly be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wookiees Multiplayer Review!   Today at 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
 
Wookiees Multiplayer Review!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Codex: Orks review from Dakka Dakka
» Quick War of the Ring Review
» Madcat MC2 Racing Wheel short rambling halfarsed review
» Dark Eldar tactica.. Total codex review
» Split/Second Racing - Multiplayer - LET'S PLAY!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: