Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Q & A: How to KD Flip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:59 am


Q. Are you finding that your KD has plummeted in Gears 3?

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you costantly raging, and waking the neigbors as a result of being splattered beyond the instadeath-zone of the Sawed-off

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you playing tactically with veteran gears players and still losing most matches?

A. Use the sawed-off


Q. Have you and a friend been killed in a perplexing insta-double-kill? Was it a boomshot?

A. No it was a default weapon! What?! Yup! The sawed-off again. Use it, abuse it.


All the elite gears players are complaining that they will never touch the "noob created" weapon. I was one of them. I now enjoy as Borat says "A GREAT SUCCESS!" in TDM. The only way we can get this weapon nerfed hard, or turned into a pick-up weapon is to abuse it everyday. As skilled players we will dominate the matches, and turn off many gamers to the MP in this game. Thus we will have our way.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 45
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 am

As a relatively new player to MP on gears - it doesn't matter what weapon I use or what weapon the opposition use lol - I personally have stayed away from the Saw purely because of the awful reload time - but hey, I imagine I don't really know what I'm talking about yet!

I do like using the lancer from a distance and to be honest, I haven't really come across multiple deaths by the sawed-off - probably just given myself the kiss of death there haven't I?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Age : 23
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:54 am

Sawed off was meant to have the ultimate gut splattering power because it was meant for the new players to actually be up with the pro's. It has the slow reload to compensate for the power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 am

Losthalo51 wrote:
Sawed off was meant to have the ultimate gut splattering power because it was meant for the new players to actually be up with the pro's. It has the slow reload to compensate for the power.

BUT what happens when all the pros use it, and noobs like ^ don't even know why or how OP it is? That there is the problem. If you're good at FPS/TPS you are quick to exploit a faulty mechanic such as this. By the time most of noobs know what hit them, they'll be too disheartened to carry on. The intention was to make this game noob friendly. Funny cause I never considered it hardcore in the first place. I'm not sure I understand why EPIC has shot themselves in the foot with this weapon.

In gears 2 it was the lag that killed off most of the community from the onset. Months later things settled down [patches etc.], and the community grew again. This time around it will be the strongest default weapon to ever grace a shooter that does the early adopters in. Make no mistake about it, this is a default weapon which can be used to get double kills. The main reason why this weapon is broken, is because its a default weapon. Make snipers a default weapon. Bring back active reload downs with the Longshot, and then the stakes will be fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator


Clan : Purple Vei
Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3121
Age : 36
Gamertag : ThePublicNME
GOW cash : 3894

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 am

Shouldn't you be trying to encourage people to use the Gnasher and not the Sawed-off. I can see your point about dwindling the numbers using the SO but nothing will stop it if anything it will get worse, the more people that die by it might end up using it. I hate this dam weapon with a passion I tried using it once in a game of KOTH to get the multi kills with SO ribbon and most times I shot someone I got shot too so both players died. Kinda pointless if you ask me I know this sometimes happens with the Gnasher but I'm sure the times it happens is nothing compared to the SO.

More and more higher ranked players are using the SO it's just a cheap easy kills weapon.

Funny Q + A it would be better all answered Gnasher although that defeats the whole objective of your post then lol

_______________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Age : 23
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 am

Gnasher takes care of the sawed off so really they cleverly designed it to be like day and night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Slightly off topic; I would love for the Longshot to be available as a standard loadout option. That would instantly make the game a lot more tactical and good for me since I normally prefer to be the cover type guy.

I started out with the SoS but quickly switched to the Gnasher. You can still put someone down in one shot plus it has the advantage of actually reloading again that week so you can kill your victim's friend lurking behind him in a corner too. With the SoS you are gonna do a lot of shooting and then running for your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 579
Age : 24
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Mike NFCT wrote:

Q. Are you finding that your KD has plummeted in Gears 3?

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you costantly raging, and waking the neigbors as a result of being splattered beyond the instadeath-zone of the Sawed-off

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you playing tactically with veteran gears players and still losing most matches?

A. Use the sawed-off


Q. Have you and a friend been killed in a perplexing insta-double-kill? Was it a boomshot?

A. No it was a default weapon! What?! Yup! The sawed-off again. Use it, abuse it.


All the elite gears players are complaining that they will never touch the "noob created" weapon. I was one of them. I now enjoy as Borat says "A GREAT SUCCESS!" in TDM. The only way we can get this weapon nerfed hard, or turned into a pick-up weapon is to abuse it everyday. As skilled players we will dominate the matches, and turn off many gamers to the MP in this game. Thus we will have our way.



It's people like you using this shit that makes me wanting to snap my Gears of war 3 disk.

But you know, I have found an alternative, since people are going Lancer and Sawed-off shotgun 24/7, I myself will be cheap in my own ways. It has been working for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:

Q. Are you finding that your KD has plummeted in Gears 3?

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you costantly raging, and waking the neigbors as a result of being splattered beyond the instadeath-zone of the Sawed-off

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you playing tactically with veteran gears players and still losing most matches?

A. Use the sawed-off


Q. Have you and a friend been killed in a perplexing insta-double-kill? Was it a boomshot?

A. No it was a default weapon! What?! Yup! The sawed-off again. Use it, abuse it.


All the elite gears players are complaining that they will never touch the "noob created" weapon. I was one of them. I now enjoy as Borat says "A GREAT SUCCESS!" in TDM. The only way we can get this weapon nerfed hard, or turned into a pick-up weapon is to abuse it everyday. As skilled players we will dominate the matches, and turn off many gamers to the MP in this game. Thus we will have our way.



It's people like you using this shit that makes me wanting to snap my Gears of war 3 disk.

But you know, I have found an alternative, since people are going Lancer and Sawed-off shotgun 24/7, I myself will be cheap in my own ways. It has been working for me. Smile


This weapon is so terribly designed. I'm not even sure EPIC has really considered the ramifications of what they have done. I'm not sure they realize how enraged BOTH noobs and gears vets have become by this weapon. I've seen more camping as a result of this weapon then I have ever seen. People are so scared to have someone spawn behind them with SOS, as happens very very often, that they feel more comfortable camping their spawn with a lancer. It's sickening, that the only effective way to counter SOS users is to coordinate with no less then 5 players. Even one idiot can ruin the game now, because he'll die every time without fail at the hands of a SOS users eating up the netire teams lives. I lost a match playing with 4 guys who score +1000 with positive KDs, only to still lose because the random got pwnd (his ratio was 3 kills/ 20 deaths!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 am

Horrible reload and smarter players are adapting. Don't rush at people until you know what they're holding and if it is the SOS then make them waste the shot and punish. Yeah slows the game down a bit but also makes the game more tactical in a sense. Just my opinion and people will bitch because lets face it the SOS overall is OP and my single opinion about is far from the masses opinion.



I'll use my gnasher to rape you... then i will take your SOS cuz you frail son xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Losthalo51
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1254
Age : 23
Gamertag : Losthalo51
GOW cash : 1130

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 am

Mister_Wookiee wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:

Q. Are you finding that your KD has plummeted in Gears 3?

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you costantly raging, and waking the neigbors as a result of being splattered beyond the instadeath-zone of the Sawed-off

A. Use the sawed-off

Q. Are you playing tactically with veteran gears players and still losing most matches?

A. Use the sawed-off


Q. Have you and a friend been killed in a perplexing insta-double-kill? Was it a boomshot?

A. No it was a default weapon! What?! Yup! The sawed-off again. Use it, abuse it.


All the elite gears players are complaining that they will never touch the "noob created" weapon. I was one of them. I now enjoy as Borat says "A GREAT SUCCESS!" in TDM. The only way we can get this weapon nerfed hard, or turned into a pick-up weapon is to abuse it everyday. As skilled players we will dominate the matches, and turn off many gamers to the MP in this game. Thus we will have our way.



It's people like you using this shit that makes me wanting to snap my Gears of war 3 disk.

But you know, I have found an alternative, since people are going Lancer and Sawed-off shotgun 24/7, I myself will be cheap in my own ways. It has been working for me. Smile
woah there cool your jets buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:18 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
Horrible reload and smarter players are adapting. Don't rush at people until you know what they're holding and if it is the SOS then make them waste the shot and punish. Yeah slows the game down a bit but also makes the game more tactical in a sense. Just my opinion and people will bitch because lets face it the SOS overall is OP and my single opinion about is far from the masses opinion.



I'll use my gnasher to rape you... then i will take your SOS cuz you frail son xP

Ah see! Case in point, a skilled player now walking around toting a Gnasher AND a noob's SOS--this is a recipe to break this game. It removes the penalty of the reload when you can switch back to Gnasher. I have a 720p, Plasma, with very crisp picture, and yet I'm completely unable to tell from a safe-SOS-zone what the enemy is carrying in terms of Gnasher vs SOS. How exactly do you? I heard mention of a flashlight being added, but I don't see that...plus smarter players have simply realized the power of the SOS, and are abusing it. The inherit problem with the gun, is that removes the skill and tension of a battle between two equally skilled Gnasher users, engaged in the usual dance, when an unskilled player simply walks up and kills the player with a weaker team. This is very anticlimactic, and unfair to previously skilled players of Warzone who could take on entire teams before the end of the match. This happens so rarely now, because the SOS kills w/ 100% reliability the Gnahser, downs with about 50%, kills 25%***

***--these #s were purely taken out of my ass, but seem to fit.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 am

the SOS has 3 barrels that create a 3 red light triangle that is easy to see once youve trained yourself to spot this. otherwise just keep your distance and rail dudes with active rounds.

The skilled players are already figuring ways around this and the answer is always the same but with different tactics... KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!!!! when youre sure they dont have the SOS its game on yo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
the SOS has 3 barrels that create a 3 red light triangle that is easy to see once youve trained yourself to spot this.

Actually it's nearly imposssible to detect with the various brightly colored weapon skins. Thanks for neon pink, EPIC!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:02 am

That gun needs a laser-sight flashlight, that instantly shows when an enemy is carrying that gun. Its so OP, it needs to be identifiable like the other one shot kill weapon, the One-Shot, which make a loud noise before firing and has a long laser on it.

What do you guys think about that solution?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 am

the SOS has a distinct look. takes practice but its def there to be seen. guns not that OP unless the players getting killed by it are running at it. its fun at this point and honestly idc about it since i have a solid gnasher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:25 am

U can down someone SOS charging with retro in like 2secs. Hell the other day I took out 2 charging. I still find I get more kills Vs guys carrying SOS than killed by it. I can gererally tell by the size of the gun if they got SOS, also behaviour will give u an idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Q & A: How to KD Flip   Today at 4:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Q & A: How to KD Flip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» comando flip normal
» COUNT-UP 0-9 using jk flip flop
» Nimmy Part 1: The first sort of date? Not really? [p r i v a t e--To Roxanne]
» FS: Spider-Man TAS, various Marvel Legends/Select, Gears of War + more
» Helmet yg terbaik utk VTS200

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: