SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: How to combat the SOS   Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:23 am

Here is me attempting to help everyone figure out something that works for them to help them deal with the SOS

***THE SOS HAS HAD ITS RANGE TO GIB SOMEONE LESSENED as of 10/12/11***

Things that can let you know they have the SOS:

- the shape of the gun.
- the "flashlight" under the double barrel.
- the player has already killed you or a teammate with the SOS.
- the behavior of the player..
-- theyre rushing at you head on like superman
-- theyre camping and not firing at you with their AR/Pistol
-- theyre running away from a firefight where they have man advantage

Things that you can/should do once you realize they have the SOS:

- STOP RUNNING AT THEM!!!
- if you are running at them you can dive left or right at the last second to try and force a miss.
- take cover and figure out your best option(approach or run).
- pull out your AR and force them back.
- mark the player(marking a player nets you assist points if they get killled and causes all bots to attack that target).
- run away and reqroup.

Things you can do to approach someone with the SOS:

- rush at them like an idiot with your SOS and trade lives.
- keep your distance and keep firing your AR or well placed hard aim gnasher shots and force them to make the first move.
- while staying out of range approach using your AR, so if they try to move theyre still not close enough to kill you. then active reload and approach more openly.
- approach and attempt to force them to shoot and miss. can be done by wall bouncing around them or getting into a dance and diving
- throw smoke and charge(remember you can use your tac com(LB) to see through smoke grenades. also remember you can not fire while your tac com is up)
- if you end up next to someone holding the SOS try to stay to the left or right of them and be as close as possible. the SOS seems to shoot forward then across the screen.. this is just from my experience using it and going against it.

***The poll question is do you have a mic because i want to see what percentage of people have actually come here and have mics.

ill keep updating with any helpful things people or myself figure out

Last edited by SuperAznStoner on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:54 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:01 pm

I love the retro lancer for dealing with the SOS. One of the main reasons I pick it. Takes a minimal amount of skill to down anyone charging ya and put em down with 3rd of clip without hot bullets.

Being observant and making a note of which characters are carrying them helps a great deal as well I find.

Good points from superaznstoner

It seems some people may find the gun mildy annoying and slightly cheap, if any of u guys out there are repeatedly getting killed in the same way then post it on here, we'll see if the community can help Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:03 am

I myself find it cheep aswell, but it does take some skill to completely master it, unlike the Gnasher. Just my openion though. Great tips to watch out for it though, thanks bro
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:41 am

Skill to master the SOS...? I thought it was jus get to melée range and blind fire, is there more to it than that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:43 am

Hey good tips bro, I think those ppl that continue to complain about the SOS should come take a look at this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PFP 585
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 10
GOW cash : 12

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:32 am

The problem is not one on one combat with the SOS. When there whole team is using it it is impossible to get a double kill. No assault rifle can focus down more than 1 person in time. You can down one of them but the other one is right next to u with a sawed off. And then if u try to dodge out of the way. OK, yes you will dodge 1 shot but it is almost a grantee that the second guy will hit you. If you lose 1 on 1 to a SOS thats your fault. But it is a bit too difficult to stop more than one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 am

Yo pfp try using the retro to down em literally 2 secs to down, if they can close in on ya in less than 4 secs it's gonna be very hard, I'm a pretty cautious player and I think because of that I haven't had the problems som of the guys here get, even though they probly better skilled than me in certain aspects of their game.

Remember the SOS is a 1-dimentional weapon. Only any good at melée range. You know what they will try. Be smart. Anticipate. Stop em.

Having a gd idea of the battlefield will help also. If 2 people charge you, ya may have 3-4 teamates nearby with itchy trigger fingers on their ARs. Retreat towards them and they will disengage or die.

Friend me anyone who wants to practise some TDM Vs SOS

Here to help Smile

...damn that was corny... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PFP 585
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 10
GOW cash : 12

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah I use the retro to counter the sawed off. I know how to stop the SOS but its that u cant engage it. In KOTH or Cap the leader there are moments where you are forced to an engagement. But u cant engage more than two people carrying the SOS. U can focus 1 down but the other one will get you. And unless you have a team with all mics half the time they are never around you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

I only really play TDM so yeh I take ur point in those games if ur forced to attack best u can hope for is 1 kill, only thing I can think of wud be smoke grenade maybe? Or depending on map grab a poison nade and hang onto it for that scenario
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:23 am

ADS and take corners widely. If they're on cover along the edge, shoot them to get a bit of damage that doesn't go away instantly then follow them around the corner as wide as possible. If you ADS as you round it you can easily drop them charging you before a roll completes on most corners.

Smokes are very effective too, as is simply shooting them when they try to run towards or away from you.

Most maps have an area that is dominant to control because having a guy or two there with an AR prevents the other side from moving very easily. Control these areas and suddenly SoS guys can't do much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:24 am

updated main post. moved some things around and added more specific and detailed situations about how to approach

if anyone has a specific situation youre having trouble with post about it and ill try to help you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClayCarmine
Clayton Carmine
Clayton Carmine

Number of posts : 257
Gamertag : DrunknnMunkyy
GOW cash : 75

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:35 am

You just wait for them to shoot and dodge them and shoot them, simple Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:25 am

the SOS seems to be losing steam in terms of how many players are using it. even more so ive noticed less experienced players(level 70+) have been using it less and less by the day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:44 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
the SOS seems to be losing steam in terms of how many players are using it. even more so ive noticed less experienced players(level 70+) have been using it less and less by the day

I see lvls> 70 start out using but once I own them with a active lancer a few times while they have rushed in, or kills them with Gnasher from 10 feet, they start to change mid-match. This game gets better every week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gear of chesse
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 59
GOW cash : 72

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:34 am

SOS is a pain, but staying more then mele distance away and your fine, i like to let them come at me then roll backwards as they shoot Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
androsity13
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 82
Gamertag : androsity13
GOW cash : 94

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:00 am

yeah, i found the best combat to the sos is the retro lancer. as soon as they start rushing at you just pound them with the retro and that'll do the trick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

androsity13 wrote:
yeah, i found the best combat to the sos is the retro lancer. as soon as they start rushing at you just pound them with the retro and that'll do the trick!

I didn't think much of the Retro Lancer at first until I discovered this! It's now a favourite!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gear of chesse
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 59
GOW cash : 72

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:19 am

Nah normal lancer is for me, i just love to see them run round to not see me and get chainsawed it makes some of the best moments for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 am

Gear of chesse wrote:
Nah normal lancer is for me, i just love to see them run round to not see me and get chainsawed it makes some of the best moments for me Very Happy

Nice! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to combat the SOS   Today at 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down

How to combat the SOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1